Twice in a year, NDA exam is conducted by UPSC, the shortlisted candidates appear for SSB interview. Every year, almost 4 Lakh candidates compete for only 400 vacancies. This shows that the aspiring cadets have to work hard smartly to be the Officer in the Indian Armed Forces.
I have made a list of a few important points that an aspiring cadets has to keep in mind to crack the NDA exam in the first attempt.
- 1. Time Management - You should know the art of managing your time well. Your time should be equally distributed for studies, physical activities and rest. Remember that over exerting won’t do any good to you. This will only add on to unnecessary stress for you. Make a timetable of your daily and weekly goals and follow it diligently without any fail.
- 2. Know Your Syllabus - UPSC officially releases the syllabus for NDA exam. Go through it properly and cull out the previous year questions from UPSC website. This will help you in making a list of relevant topics asked in the exam. Do not waste your time on preparing for irrelevant topics.
- 3. Mug Up NCERT - You should mug up all the topics related to the syllabus from NCERT books of Class IX-XII. This will help you in preparing well for your exam. The study material prepared by the experts of Indian Defence Academy will also help you in your preparations.
- 4. Focus on your accuracy to solve the paper and then on your speed as there is one-third negative marking in this exam. You should also know the tricks to solve the questions. The experienced faculties at Indian Defence Academy will teach you such tricks.
- 5. Appear for as many mock tests as possible for your own growth mapping for the NDA exam.
The highly detailed study material and mock test series provided by Indian Defence Academy can help you crack NDA exam very easily.
Indian Defence Academy is the premier NDA Coaching Institute in Dehradun India. Indian Defence Academy's NDA Foundation Course for students aspiring for NDA after 10th is the most sought after course by NDA aspirants.